Connect with us

Sport News

Raheem Sterling has informed Thomas Tuchel Things he needs to complete Chelsea transfer

Published

on

Raheem Sterling looks set to be a man in demand this summer with Chelsea the latest club reported to be interested in signing the Manchester City forward. Arsenal have also been linked with a move while Real Madrid are also rumoured to be interested after missing out on Kylian Mbappe.

Thomas Tuchel will have plenty of demands heading into the transfer window with his current squad in a fragile state. Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christen’s departures have already been confirmed with the futures of a number of other first-team stars up in the air.

While defenders and midfielders are on the agenda, adding more threat to the frontline is also a priority. Romelu Lukaku struggled upon his return to west London while the futures of Christian Pulisic, Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech appear increasingly likely to lie elsewhere

The Telegraph reported earlier this month that if one or all of the trio are moved on, Chelsea may make a move for Man City ace Sterling. Journalist Matt Law recently confirmed on the London Is Blue podcast that Tuchel wants to bring the England international to Stamford Bridge as well.

Now as the window nears it’s grand opening, The Telegraph have returned to the story and firmed up the possibility of Sterling moving to Stamford Bridge as Europes’s biggest clubs weigh up a bid.

 One factor that is likely to be a guarantee for Sterling to agree to a transfer is playing time. Sunday afternoon saw the 27-year-old lift his fourth Premier League title with the club but was included in the starting XI for just over 60% of the games he appeared in. Previously, he has hinted that if the opportunity arose to move for more minutes, he could be tempted, giving Tuchel food for thought.

Talking at the FT Business of Sport US Summit, Sterling said: “If there was the opportunity to go somewhere else for more game time I would be open to it at this moment in time. As I said, football is the most important thing to me – challenges that I have set myself from a young age and dreams as well.

“As an English player all I know is the Premier League and I’ve always thought you know maybe one day I’d love to play abroad to see how I would come up against that challenge.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Sport News

Chelsea have selected five main Lukaku transfer replacements lined up amid Inter Milan loan talks

Published

on

Chelsea have their focus set on five potential replacements for Romelu Lukaku this summer, according to reports. It comes after a disappointing season for the Belgian upon his return to Stamford Bridge.

In a move that cost roughly £100million, expectations were high for the striker after his stint in Serie A. However, he managed just eight goals and one assist in 26 Premier League appearances.

Chelsea have their focus set on five potential replacements for Romelu Lukaku this summer, according to reports. It comes after a disappointing season for the Belgian upon his return to Stamford Bridge.

In a move that cost roughly £100million, expectations were high for the striker after his stint in Serie A. However, he managed just eight goals and one assist in 26 Premier League appearances.

“We demand a lot from our strikers also in terms of intensity. There are several reasons why things are like this [a lack of goals] and we are on it.”

However, that faith may have broken down since, with reports claiming that Lukaku is set for an Inter Milan return this summer. The deal is set to be a loan, with his wage covered and with a fee on top.

This would leave the Blues with fewer options for a main, goalscoring centre-forward. However, the Daily Mail claims that work is already being done to prepare for that, with five options named.

The report states that Robert Lewandowski, Richarlison, Jonathan David, Victor Osimhen and Gianluca Scamacca are all of interest to the club. All of those names have also been linked with other clubs, opening up the possibility of several transfer battles at once.

With Todd Boehly set to handle negotiations, there may still be some twists to come, though.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Sport News

Raheem Sterling’s true transfer value revealed as Chelsea make £35million Sadio Mane demand

Published

on

Man City’s price tag of around £60 million on winger and Chelsea’s main attacking transfer target this summer Raheem Sterling has been vindicated but the Blues can still potentially save up to £17m.

It has taken a short while for Chelsea to get going in the summer transfer window following months of sanctions that prevented them making headway, but with Romelu Lukaku’s situation seemingly heading towards a positive conclusion, attention is starting to finally switch towards incomings. Although defence is the main priority in this summer’s transfer window amid fresh updates on Jules Kounde and Man City’s Nathan Ake, it is in fact another player from the current Premier League champions who could be joining Chelsea next season.

This is according to The Athletic, who report that confidence is growing between both parties that a deal can be completed in the near future which will see the player make the move that he hopes guarantees him more regular first-team football. Sterling is set to enter the final year of his contract with City, and reports do vary on the potential cost to Chelsea, with estimates between £35million and £60million.

Regardless of what fee is to be agreed upon, it is looking clear now that Sterling will become one of the first signings of the Boehly era at Stamford Bridge, with Kounde and Ousmane Dembele also strongly linked.

Whilst both still remain on course to become Chelsea players for 2022/23, The Telegraph have validated this sentiment with their updates on the situation which should progress even further once the £97.5m club-record signing ends his second London stay in favour of an early Serie A return.

Their report has also included details on the likes of Christopher Nkunku, Ake and a plethora of other defensive options still under consideration in this big squad rebuild but the price of Sterling himself was also noted. They say that around £50-60m will need to be put on the table by Marina Granovskaia if they are to wrap up these negotiations swiftly despite what looks like pre-mature reports stating that £35m could be agreed upon.

Now, whether £60m or even £50m is too steep for someone with little time left on their contract remains up for debate, but the selling club in this example have been vindicated for their price tag by the CIES Football Observatory.In their estimation, with all factors considered, they have priced a player who has scored 131 goals in 339 for City in all competitions since his switch from Liverpool back in 3015 anywhere between £43m-£60m. Knowing Granovskaia’s ability to negotiate a good deal, she and the rest of the Blues board will hope that a compromise nearer the £43m point can be reached and settled upon between both parties.

Although, there is still belief amongst the current World Champions that a figure of around £35m, which Liverpool have just sold Sadio Mané to Bayern Munich for in similar circumstances contract-wise, should be reasonable for a transfer like this one. Whether City stands firm or not remains to be seen.

Chelsea fans- How much should the club be really looking to splash out on Raheem Sterling this summer considering the £200m transfer budget? Leave your thoughts down below in the comments section!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Sport News

Thomas Tuchel’s first-choice Chelsea attack after Raheem Sterling and Ousmane Dembele transfers

Published

on

Chelsea’s attack for next season could look rather different if two signings in particular were to happen in this summer’s transfer window.

It has taken a short while for Chelsea to get going in the summer transfer window following months of sanctions that prevented them from making headway, but with Romelu Lukaku’s situation seemingly heading towards a positive conclusion, attention is starting to finally switch towards incomings. Although defence is the main priority in this summer’s transfer window amid fresh updates on Jules Kounde and Man City’s Nathan Ake, it is in fact another player from the current Premier League champions who could be joining Chelsea next season.

This is according to The Athletic, who report that confidence is growing between both parties that a deal can be completed in the near future which will see the player make the move that he hopes guarantees him more regular first-team football. Sterling is set to enter the final year of his contract with City, and reports do vary on the potential cost to Chelsea, with estimates between £35million and £60million. Regardless of what fee is to be agreed upon, it is looking clear now that Sterling will become one of the first signings of the Boehly era at Stamford Bridge, with Kounde and Ousmane Dembele also strongly linked.

Dembele is set to make his final decision about his future upon his return from holiday, despite speaking about his current situation with a Barca supporter in a recent encounter. His injury record was reportedly of concern to the higher-ups at Stamford Bridge if he was to be brought in. Amidst the rumours that the 27-year-old’s arrival could end any Dembele transfer hope, football.london understands that the Blues are planning to bring both aforementioned targets in to help refresh the attack.

The business up to may not stop there though despite the need for major defensive surgery and potentially in the midfield too if Ruben Loftus-Cheek was to leave amid fresh Lazio transfer updates. It is well known that a new striker is wanted and Robert Lewandowski is viewed as the ideal man to take on the mantle that is going to be left by the £97.5m club-record signing. His willingness though to join Barcelona has made this one a no-go so far. Alternative options had included Lautaro Martinez, Darwin Nunez and Jonathan David.

However, Lautaro wants to stay put at Inter whilst Nunez moved to Premier League rivals Liverpool. Nothing concrete recently has come out on Lille forward David, so that is certainly one to look out for throughout the window. Currently, though, the striker options that manager Thomas Tuchel will have at his disposal will be Kai Havertz, Timo Werner and Armando Broja. The latter two have been linked away this summer but it seems unlikely Todd Boehly would let both go prior to a World Cup season which will see squad depth tested to the maximum. Replacements would have to be purchased in the worst-case scenario.

With much of this transfer window still to play out, what would Chelsea’s best front three combination be ahead of this unusual up-and-coming season kicking off in early August if Sterling and Dembele both arrive?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Zox News Theme. Theme by MVP Themes, powered by WordPress.